Welcome to Watch Hill
A wonderful sense of space and light awaits you at Watch Hill.
A large Victorian home with a sun terrace at the front boasting glorious views over the harbour and a stunning landscaped tiered garden at the rear.Reserve this Holiday Home
Watch Hill Offers You With...
Glorious views over the Salcombe harbour and beyond
Huge living areas
Perfect for families and groups with large dining areas and living rooms
A wonderful sense of space and light throughout the house
Sunny outdoor dining area
Enjoy meals al fresco style and use the gas BBQ to sizzle your sausages
Plenty of parking
There is parking for up to 4 cars whilst in residence
Enjoy the stunning landscaped tiered garden with loungers and seating area
Further Features & Facilities
Watch Hill Overview
Watch Hill is a spacious Victorian semi-detached property with excellent views over the harbour and over towards the rolling South Hams countryside. Sleeping up to 11 people, this is a perfect Salcombe luxury holiday home for multi-generational families or groups of friends looking for a place to relax and enjoy each others company.
Situated only a 5-minute walk from the buzzing Salcombe high street and quays, its position is perfect and has parking for 3 cars making your arrival as stress-free as possible.
Approached by a flight of steps from the parking area you will find the sun terrace with outdoor dining area, gas barbecue, wooden bench and chiminea. This terrace is bathed in sunshine and is simply divine for enjoying your breakfast in the morning or an al fresco meal in the evening. Keep warm in the evenings by firing up the chiminea and keep the children entertained by roasting some marshmallows.
The wide hallway leads to the open plan kitchen, dining, and seating area. The views from here are magical and the French windows lead out onto the terrace with its panoramic views. Separate from this open plan area is a living room and second dining area (perfect for children). There is also a bedroom with single bed and bunk beds, a large utility area, and shower room.
Climbing the staircase up to the second floor there are three bedrooms each with their own sink. The front two bedrooms (one kingsize and one that can be either a twin or a super king) have views over the estuary and one of these bedrooms also has a balcony for really taking in those vistas. The third bedroom can also be made up as a twin or super king. These three bedrooms share a large stylish family bathroom and there is an additional toilet on the landing.
The third floor has the splendid master bedroom which has a large en-suite bathroom and bi-fold doors to a decked balcony with seating – this is the perfect evening sun trap to enjoy a glass of something. There is also a walkway over to the newly landscaped gardens with lawn, seating area and sun loungers.
Dogs not allowed. Smoking not allowed inside.
Watch Hill Layout
- Entrance from parking up flight of steps to first level
- Outdoor sun terrace with dining area, bench, gas barbecue and chiminea
- Seating area looking out across estuary
- Kitchen and dining area
- Bedroom with single bed and bunk bed
- Shower room
- Large utility area (separate washing machine and tumble dryer)
- Bedroom (kingsize) with sink and balcony
- Bedroom (twin or super king) with sink
- Bedroom (twin or super king) with sink
- Family bathroom (bath, shower, sink, WC)
- Toilet on second floor landing
- Master bedroom (kingsize) with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, sink, WC) and balcony
- Walkway leading over to spacious garden with seating area and sun loungers
Watch Hill Facilities
- Sleeps 11 in 5 bedrooms
- 1 kingsize room with en suite bathroom (bath, shower, sink, WC)
- 1 kingsize with sink
- 2 twin/superking with sink
- 1 room with 1 single bed and a bunk bed
- 1 family bathroom (shower, bath, sink, WC)
- 1 shower room (shower, sink, WC)
- 1 toilet
- Nespresso machine
- American style fridge-freezer with ice maker
- TV/DVD player in second living room
- Free WiFi throughout
- Sonos in each room
- Outdoor dining on sun terrace
- Tiered landscaped garden
- Outdoor sun loungers and seating area
- Gas barbecue
- There are 3 car parking spaces at Watch Hill
- Private laundry facilities
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Bedding, bed linen, bath towels provided and beds made-up weekly
Watch Hill Luxe
Peace and tranquility await when you reserve your Salcombe stay in Watch Hill. A paradisiacal rooftop garden offers captivating views of the rolling hills and the estuary below, while the contemporary yet traditional interiors provide a home away from home with an extra serving of luxury.
Booking our LUXE VIP service only enhances this, and you’ll enjoy our exacting levels of service before you’ve even arrived. Upon booking your LUXE VIP stay in Watch Hill, our team will create a tailor-made itinerary, making all the necessary arrangements for activities to shape your stay in Salcombe.
Throughout your time in this luxury holiday home, a dedicated concierge will be available to cater to your requests: whether it’s a private chef for the week or a cruise on the Estuary. Rest assured that a maid comes as part of our Luxury service; so you can focus solely on the fun filled adventure your day has to offer.
Please note that the Luxe service carries an additional cost.Learn More
Address: Watch Hill, Allenhayes Road, Salcombe, TQ8