Welcome to The Old Sail Loft
A fabulous home for groups of friends or family to holiday. With beautiful and bright interiors, there is plenty of space to entertain and relax.
Situated in an elevated position, there are spectacular views over Salcombe town and the estuary creeks. The vista is glorious and constantly changing with the light, the tides and the colours of the surrounding countryside.Reserve this Holiday Home
Old Sail Loft Offers You...
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Wonderful sunny terrace
Enjoy dining al fresco and soaking up the rays
Perfect for friends and family
Spacious bedrooms and plentiful bathrooms makes this a great home for a family holiday
Glorious estuary views
Enjoy incredible views over the Salcombe harbour and beyond
Further Features & Facilities
Old Sail Loft Hidden
Old Sail Loft Layout
- Entrance to hallway and boot room and cloakroom
- Sitting room with Juliet balcony, study area and spectacular views over Salcombe
- Second sitting room with television, open fire and french doors to side of house
- Terrace with outdoor seating, fire pit and estuary views
- Utility (separate washing machine and tumble dryer)
- Well-equipped and newly fitted kitchen with all mod cons
- Dining area to seat 12 and floor to ceiling glass doors out onto lower deck and garden
- Doors open onto the terrace with an outdoor dining table and chairs plus estuary views
- Steps down to grassed terraces
- Bedroom 1: Super king with incredible views from the Juliet balcony, en suite bathroom (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 2: Super king or twin beds (zip and link)
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds
- Family bathroom (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds (with optional third full size single bed)
- Bedroom 5: King with incredible views from the Juliet balcony
- Family bathroom (bath, shower, basin, WC)
- Deck by front entrance to house with a fire-pit and stunning views over Salcombe, estuary and surrounding countryside
- Large deck with outdoor dining table and chairs leading from indoor dining area. Steps down to sloping terraced garden with shrubs, lawned area and BBQ.
Old Sail Loft Overview
Sitting in an elevated position above Salcombe town, but within 10 minutes walk of the high street, the Old Sail Loft has breathtaking views and lots of space for entertaining with friends or family.
Approaching the house, there is a decked area by the front entrance with outdoor seating and a fire pit. Sit here to take in sensational views over Salcombe, the estuary and surrounding countryside. Or light the fire pit at night and take in the starry skies whilst relaxing with a drink in hand.
Heading inside you’ll find a spacious hallway with boot room and cloakroom. Two separate sitting rooms give plenty of space to relax or catch up with friends. The back sitting room has an open fire and french doors to the side of the house. The front sitting room has a useful study/reading area, and the most glorious views over Salcombe from the Juliet balcony.
Downstairs to the lower ground floor, there is a utility area which leads down to the fabulous kitchen and dining area which have been recently refurbished. With a dining table seating up to 12 guests, this is sure to be where lots of socialising and fun takes place! Large floor to ceiling glass doors open onto the lower decking area and garden. The outdoor dining area on the decking is just perfect for an al fresco lunch or supper.
The first and second floors are where the bedrooms and bathrooms are. The first floor has a super king bedroom with an en suite bathroom and Juliet balcony with far reaching views over the water. A further two bedrooms (a twin and a super king that can also be set up as a twin) share a large family bathroom.
Up to the third floor, there are another two bedrooms which share a family bathroom. The back bedroom is a twin (with optional third single bed), and the front bedroom a kingsize bedroom with spectacular views across the harbour and beyond.
Smoking not allowed inside.
One well-behaved dog allowed at the discretion of the Owner. £45 charge per booking.
Allergies: please note that dogs have been in The Old Sail Loft.
Old Sail Loft Facilities
- Sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms
- 1 en suite bathroom
- 2 family bathrooms
- 1 cloakroom
- Indoor dining for 12 people
- Underfloor heating throughout
- American style Fridge-freezer
- Induction hob and built-in oven
- Nespresso machine
- Washing machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Smart TVs in both sitting rooms
- Free Wifi
- Off-road parking for up to 3 cars (1 car at top of drive; parking for second car (or two small cars) on parking bay next to house)
- White Company toiletries
- Bedding, bed linen and bath towels provided and beds made-up weekly
Old Sail Loft Luxe
Sit back with a glass of champagne on your private sunny terrace whilst taking in the view of the Salcombe estuary, or light the fire-pit and watch the stars above you. The Old Sail Loft is also the perfect spot to indulge in our Luxe VIP packages.
Our Luxe VIP service includes a dedicated concierge to meet you upon arrival, ready to plan your itinerary, make recommendations, and ensure your stay in Salcombe is hassle-free.
Also included for Luxe VIP guests include a maid service, organisation of chartered cruises and private chefs equipped with locally sourced cuisine to make your stay mouth-wateringly memorable.
Please note that the Luxe service carries an additional cost.Learn More
Address: The Old Sail Loft, Bonfire Hill, Salcombe, TQ8 8ED