Welcome to Maberly House
This Georgian beauty is a masterclass in elegant simplicity and is set in the rolling south Devon countryside with the finest beaches only minutes away.
Spacious and beautifully styled, this is the ultimate holiday home to enjoy time with friends or family.Reserve this Holiday Home
Maberly House Offers You...
Stylish interior design
Gorgeous, mellow interiors with sumptuous fabrics
Perfect for friends and family
Spacious bedrooms and plentiful bathrooms makes this a great home for a family holiday
Relax away from the hustle and bustle in the countryside
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Wonderful sunny terrace
Enjoy dining al fresco and soaking up the rays
Explore the glorious gardens
A beautiful sheltered garden with many quiet corners to read or laze about
Further Features & Facilities
Maberley House Hidden
Maberly House Layout
- Gorgeous open plan kitchen with relaxed kitchen dining table and doors out to terrace
- Dining room seating up to 10 (take note if you are a group of adults!) with log burner
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- First sitting room
- Second sitting room with log burner
- Cloakroom (basin, WC)
- Bedroom 1: Super king sharing Jack-and-Jill
- Bedroom 2: King size sharing Jack-and-Jill
- Jack and Jill bathroom (bath, walk-in shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 3: King size with adjacent shower room (shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 4: Super king (or twin) bedroom sharing Jack-and-Jill
- Bedroom 5: Double sharing Jack-and-Jill
- Jack and Jill bathroom (bath, walk-in shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 6: Double with en suite room (shower, basin, WC)
- Bedroom 7: Triple single room with en suite shower room (shower, double basin, WC)
- An acre of gardens surround Maberly
- Walled garden
- Outdoor dining area (at back of house)
- Outdoor seating (at front of house)
Maberly House Overview
With plenty of spaces to mingle or little spots to sneak away to read a book in peace, Maberly House is the perfect luxury holiday home to spend time with family and friends. Located in the countryside of Chillington in south Devon, you are just a short drive away from perfect beaches and the deep blue sea.
The house has been lovingly styled to create a comfortable, relaxed and memorable experience. All seven of the bedrooms are beautifully appointed, and each sitting room has sumptuous sofas and are adorned with unique trinkets.
The acre of land surrounding Maberly is there to be explored. Help yourself to the apples growing in the orchard, or host a competitive croquet match with a drink in hand. If that’s all too hectic, simply find a spot to relax in the sunshine on a balmy day and breathe in the fresh air.
Entering the house into the utility area (where there are wellies for you to use on muddy walks) and onto the kitchen, you’ll be in the heart of the house where the culinary magic happens, and probably the odd late night story told over a few drinks. The kitchen has a table and benches which is perfect for kids’ suppers or informal breakfasts.
The kitchen leads out to a fantastic area for al fresco dining and to the sheltered walled garden. Enjoy lunches in the sunshine, or get those sausages sizzling on the charcoal barbecue in the evenings.
The more formal dining room next door to the kitchen used to be a simple 16th century dwelling. It now seats up to 10 guests and is absolutely gorgeous with the huge fireplace harking back to days of old. This leads to the smaller of the sitting rooms and onto the main hallway of the house. A second stunning sitting room (with television) and wood-burner will be a top spot to crash out after a long countryside walk or paddle-boarding adventure along the nearby coastline.
Upstairs there are 3 floors of accommodation. Maberly’s master bedroom has a super king-size bed and Jack-and-Jill bathroom which is shared with a king-size bedroom. The first floor is also home to another king-size bedroom with adjacent shower room, while up the gorgeous Chinese lattice Chippendale staircase to the second floor are two super king-size zip-and-link bedrooms which share a Jack-and-Jill bathroom. On the third floor, there is one double and one Goldilocks bedroom with three single beds; perfect for children’s bedtime stories.
Relax, enjoy the fresh air, take in the incredible sunsets, and light cosy fires in the evening. Welcome to Maberly House.
Please follow Maberly House on Instagram for more insights about the house and the stunning local area.
Smoking not allowed anywhere in the house and grounds, inside or out.
Two well-behaved dogs allowed at the discretion of the owner. Strictly not to go on furniture or upstairs.
Please note that the WiFi can operate at a rural speed.
For groups of more than 10 guests, it is necessary to sit at two separate dining tables (great for children who want to chat amongst themselves).
Allergies: please note that dogs have been in Maberly House.
Maberly House Facilities
- Sleeps 12 (with 2 or more children) in 7 bedrooms
- 2 Jack-and-Jill bathrooms
- 2 en suite shower rooms
- 1 shower room
- 1 separate downstairs WC
- Indoor dining table for 10 people
- Relaxed kitchen dining table for 8 people
- Underfloor heating in the kitchen and top floor bathrooms; oil-fired radiator heating elsewhere
- Large fridge
- Small freezer
- Double range cooker
- Nespresso machine
- Washing machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Smart TV in main living room
- Free Wifi (can operate at rural speed)
- Bluetooth speakers
- Weber charcoal barbecue
- Logs and kindling to get you started for log-burner
- Log burners in main sitting room and dining room
- Off-road parking for up to 4 cars
- Bedding, bed linen and bath towels provided and beds made-up weekly
- Board, garden and beach games
- Selection of wellies for guests to borrow
- One travel cot and one highchair are available
Maberly House Luxe
Sit back with a glass of champagne on your private terrace whilst taking in the setting sun, or enjoy a game of croquet with the grandchildren. Maberly House is also the perfect spot to indulge in our Luxe VIP packages.
Our Luxe VIP service includes a dedicated concierge to meet you upon arrival, ready to plan your itinerary, make recommendations, and ensure your stay in Devon is hassle-free.
Also included for Luxe VIP guests is a maid service, organisation of chartered cruises and private chefs equipped with locally sourced cuisine to make your stay mouth-wateringly memorable.
Please note that the Luxe service carries an additional cost.Learn More
Address: Chillington, Devon TQ7 2LH