Welcome to Cook’s Boathouse
Take in the stunning panoramic postcard views over the harbour from this iconic Salcombe house.
Sitting right on the waterfront, and in the epicentre of Salcombe, Cook’s Boathouse has its own slipway, jetty and running mooring. Spacious and comfortable, this is the perfect place for families or groups of friends.Reserve this Holiday Home
Cook's Boathouse Offers You...
Brilliantly central location
Step out of the house and be right in the action
Private running mooring
Slip away on your tender and explore the beautiful harbour
Perfect for groups
A great house for groups of friends or family
Wonderful sunny terraces
Relax in the sunshine on the comfortable outdoor seating
Stunning waterfront views
Drink in the views from the ground floor terrace, master bedroom and living areas
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining space to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Further Features & Facilities
Cooks Boathouse Hidden
Cook’s Boathouse Layout
- Entrance conservatory and hallway
- Boathouse leading to tidal slipway and running mooring
- Terrace with charcoal BBQ, outdoor furniture and steps down to the water
- Twin bedroom with sitting area and en suite bathroom (bath with shower over, sink, WC)
- Utility (washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer, sink, drying area)
- Wet room (shower, sink, WC)
- Open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area
- Leads out to a balcony with dining tables and fantastic views over Salcombe
- Twin bedroom with sitting area and views over the water
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room (shower, sink, WC)
- Master kingsize bedroom with balcony and views of the Salcombe Harbour
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom (bath with hand held shower over, sink, WC)
Cook’s Boathouse Overview
Cook’s Boathouse is one of the most iconic buildings in Salcombe. Positioned right on the waterfront, with exceptional views, its own running mooring and private slipway, this is the ultimate way to experience Salcombe.
Cook’s Boatyard was one of the original boat building yards in Salcombe with legendary Harry Cook running a successful business. Following the decline of boatbuilding in the area, it was converted into a house where natural light floods through roof lights and by way of nautical circular windows.
Entering the house through the conservatory and into the bright hallway, you can walk out onto the sunny wooden terrace and jetty with steps down to the water. The terrace is the perfect spot for sunbathing, enjoying a glass of something chilled and taking in the action on the water. There is a boat store which leads out onto the tidal slipway and running mooring. (Please note that the running mooring is available for guest use but the boat store is not other than storing boating peripheries).
The ground floor also includes a large twin bedroom and en suite bathroom, a practical utility room and additional shower room; great for hosing off sandy bodies after a day on the beach.
Up to the first floor you will find two more bedrooms and a shower room. The first bedroom is a sensational twin room with seating area and stunning views over the water through a huge circular window. The second bedroom is a practical twin room.
The main living area and kitchen is also on the first floor and this is where the magic happens! The large indoor space encompasses the open plan kitchen, indoor dining and comfortable seating area with gas wood effect fire. This leads out onto the balcony with sensational views over the Salcombe estuary, the famous golden sandy beaches, surrounding countryside and up the Southpool creek. Views do not get better than this whilst enjoying your evening meal or breakfast in the sunshine with friends and family.
Stairs lead up to the second floor with two more bedrooms and a family bathroom. One bedroom is a well-sized twin room and the other is the master bedroom which has a small balcony in the apex of the roof line with panoramic views over Salcombe. There is nothing better than enjoying a cup of tea in bed whilst enjoying that sea view!
Running mooring immediately in front of property (max length of boat and outboard 15’).
Owners own boats will be stored in the boathouse; not available for use.
There are low walls and unguarded slipways within the grounds. With regret, this property is not suitable for children under 8 years of age or the less mobile and all young children must be supervised.
Cook’s Boathouse Facilities
- Sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms
- 1 en suite bathroom, 1 family bathroom and 2 shower rooms
- Utility room
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining area
- TV in sitting area
- Free WiFi throughout property
- Kitchen with double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Music system in sitting area
- Utility with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer, sink, drying area
- Tidal slipway and jetty with steps to water
- Ground floor terrace and balcony off sitting room with outdoor furniture
- 1 x car parking permit provided (unreserved)
Cook’s Boathouse Luxe
Sit back with a glass of champagne and take in the beautiful views over the Salcombe estuary and all the boating action. Cook’s Boathouse is also the perfect spot to indulge in our Luxe VIP packages.
Our Luxe VIP service includes a dedicated concierge to meet you upon arrival, ready to plan your itinerary, make recommendations, and ensure your stay in Salcombe is hassle-free.
Also included for Luxe VIP guests include a maid service, organisation of chartered cruises and private chefs equipped with locally sourced cuisine to make your stay mouth-wateringly memorable.
Please note that the Luxe service carries an additional cost.Learn More
Address: Cook’s Boathouse, Fore Street, Salcombe, Devon TQ8 8ET