Welcome to Bamboo House
Architecturally striking and with commanding estuary views, this is a stunning holiday home in a great location.
Bamboo House is perfect for couples looking for a high end coastal retreat.Reserve this Holiday Home
Bamboo House Offers You...
Situated along Cliff Road giving you easy access to the shops one way, or North Sands the other
Glorious estuary views
Enjoy the ever changing vistas from the house, balcony and garden
Wonderful sunny terrace
Relax in the sunshine on the comfortable outdoor seating
An award-winning architecturally inspired house
Let me entertain you
Great entertaining spaces to enjoy socialising with your friends and family
Perfect for couples
Two luxurious bedrooms and bathrooms with space to relax for friends on holiday
Further Features & Facilities
Bamboo House Hidden
Bamboo House Layout
- Entrance from driveway into hallway with a shoe fitting bench and pegs for coats
- Bedroom (kingsize or twin) with estuary views
- Large shower room (shower, sink, WC, hanging for wetsuits)
- Utility (washing machine only)
- Spacious open plan kitchen, dining and seating area with sea views from all angles
- Full length sliding glass doors out to terrace from the seating and kitchen area
- Bedroom (kingsize) with en suite bathroom (large bath, shower over bath, sink, bidet, WC)
- Workspace with views out to sea
- Seating area with SmartTV
- Terrace on the first floor with sensational estuary views
- Private terrace of the to the garden with seating and exquisite views towards Mill Bay and out to sea
Bamboo House Overview
Bamboo House is an architectural beauty which sits nestled along the coastal road in Salcombe. Clad in bamboo and with a striking green roof, this is now an iconic Salcombe property that sits close by to the well-known ‘broccoli tree’ (correctly called a Lebanese Cedar!)
In a commanding position, and with incredible estuary views, we know you’ll love watching the world go by on the water whilst you have your cup of tea in the morning. Or perhaps a glass of bubbles in the evening underneath the pergola in the garden will float your boat.
Bamboo House has views overlooking East Portlemouth’s beautiful sandy beaches, sweeping round to the harbour and out of the estuary. And it’s close to both all the action in town and the local sandy beach at North Sands, and the famed Winking Prawn beach cafe.
From the driveway, enter the signature front door into the generous hallway which is beautifully lined with wood. The bedroom (kingsize or twin beds if requested) off to the left of the hallway has stunning views across the estuary towards the beaches, and to the right of the hallway is a large shower room with hand basin and toilet.
Upstairs the views and the feeling of light and space give Bamboo House the real wow factor. The main open plan living area and well-equipped kitchen have sliding doors out to the terrace to make the most of the magnificent views. Privacy glass has been installed (which looks dark from the outside) so you won’t be easily watched whilst inside the house. For evening privacy there are blinds and curtains to make this large space cosy.
The second bedroom (kingsize) with en suite bathroom is at the back of the house, and is a lovely sanctuary of peace and calm with a window view of the fuchsias covered cliff side.
Upstairs to the mezzanine level is a work space with a serious view. Your productivity might take a hit if you plan on opening the laptop whilst away! Also on this level is additional seating plus a 50” sized 4K Smart television.
When the sun disappears from terrace, there is a secluded garden next to the driveway to be enjoyed to elongate your time in le soleil. A pergola with seating underneath gives you exquisite views over the water the beaches and out to sea.
The house is just a short walk from the centre of town so you are only minutes away from all the action. There is one parking space available on the driveway and no guest access to the garage.
Strictly no pets allowed.
No smoking allowed inside.
Allergies: please note that no dogs have been in Bamboo House.
Bamboo House Facilities
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms, 1 of which is en suite
- 1 shower room next to second bedroom
- Free WiFi throughout
- Microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Induction hob
- Filter coffee machine
- SmartTV (please log in for own streaming services)
- Tumble dryer and washing machine
- Sliding glass doors out onto terrace with one way glass and curtains for evening privacy
- Comfortable outside seating
- Private terrace of next door garden to enjoy tea or evening drinks under Pergola
- Office space on mezzanine level for private working
- Driveway parking for 1 x car
- White Company toiletries
- Bed linen and towels included
Bamboo House Luxe
Sit back with a glass of champagne whilst taking in the view over the Salcombe estuary, or simply stroll into town to collect your daily paper and fresh croissants. Bamboo House is the perfect spot to indulge in our Luxe VIP packages.
For a truly memorable experience, our Luxe VIP Package is crafted to ensure every moment in Salcombe is a story worth telling. A dedicated concierge will meet you upon arrival, equipped with a tailor made itinerary packed full of unforgettable adventures, all pre-booked to ensure your stay sails as smoothly as a Salcombe Yawl.
Fancy a Champagne Cruise? Or how about a Private Chef for the duration of your visit? Simply enquire with your concierge.
Please note that the Luxe service carries an additional cost.Learn More
Address: Bamboo House, Cliff Road, Salcombe Devon TQ8 8JJ