The nights are drawing in, the days are getting shorter and sometimes it seems as though the rain is never going to stop.
We love Salcombe at all times of the year, but in the deepest depths of winter, the weather can sometimes have us pining for the fanciful days of summer. From breakfast on the balcony, to long, lazy on the beach and, of course, the ice cream (!), here are seven things we miss the most about summer in Salcombe…
1. When the bright blue sky would merge into the beautiful blue sea, if not for the landscape of lovely houses…
2. Being able to have BBQ after BBQ on the beach – without the fear of dealing with soggy buns!
3. The Regatta. Salcombe Regatta is one of the busiest events of the year for our quaint seaside town and attracts sailing clubs from across the UK.
4. Dining al fresco. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper… The possibilities were endless, and we took every chance we could to dine on the veranda at Watch Hill.
5. The ice cream, oh the ice cream! You can’t beat a Salcombe Dairy Ice Cream, made using fresh milk from local herds of cows.
6. Seeing the sun shining out of your bedroom window and realising that building sandcastles all day was definite possibility…
7. Reading the daily newspaper, sat in a rubber ring in the middle of the beautiful Salcombe sea – and perhaps even catching a tan. Living the dream!
Summer in Salcombe really is something to shout about!
If you’re interested in visiting us this summer and would like to stay in a Salcombe Finest luxury holiday home, please get in touch.